Best buying guide for a plastic packaging machinery
Choosing packaging machinery includes an appraisal of technical capabilities, maintainability, serviceability, safety, ability to integrate into the packaging line, capital cost, floor space, flexibility (change-over, materials, multiple products, etc.), energy requirements, quality of outgoing packages, qualifications (for food, pharmaceuticals, etc.), efficiency, productivity, return on investment, etc.
The key to successful plastic packaging is to identify the packaging machinery for the product. The decision should also take account of environmental and waste management issues. Ensuring safety with respect to biological and chemical risks and needs relating to texture is essential.
• purchase a standard, off-the-shelf equipment
• acquire custom-made or custom-tailored for precise operations
• If it is a refurbished ensure the good operational condition
• manufactured or modified by in-house technicians and maintenance team
• Double chamber vacuum packer
• Request documentation
• Performance warranty
• Know what are the minimum and maximum size of packaging you want to run.
• Speed requirements for the smallest and largest packaging.
• Ensure the machine that works for different packaging types.
• Describe the work atmosphere where the machine will be installed
Some manufacturers must perform periodic wash down of all equipment. This high-pressure chemical wash put special demands on machinery and control systems. Closed or condensed places can be problematic to the machinery. Machinery requires to keep the product unshaken while packaging. For example, powders, medicines need to be stable, liquids cannot spill out, etc.
Some companies choose not to do their own packaging but to use contract packagers to work on all or some operations.
Top 5 plastic packaging machinery
1. Automatic Thermo forming Machines
Automatic Thermoforming packing machines characterised by package formation within the machine using two film rolls normally made of a different material. Depending on the material used, packages can be flexible or hard. This type of machine is aimed both at food and non-food markets.
High-rigidity machine bed: Integral casting design combined with high-tension steel plate structure offers steady and low noise operation.
4-column guide-rod mechanism: guide-rods are made of top grade steel, offering high repetitive of mould clamping in combination with the 4-column mould structure for steady forming.
Servo chain feeding system: Japanese chain operated by servo-controller ensures exact precision of high-speed feeding.
Oven system with upper and lower heater elements: automatic upper/lower engage/detach mechanism saves space and ensures exceptional safety for maintenance personnel as well as of the machine.
Precision temperature control system: independent temperature control with a respective setting for each temperature zone, combined with high-speed transmission and control, offers precision adjustment and convenience for elevated yield.
Innovative plus/minus pressure control circuitry: precision control circuitry ensures accuracy and simple setting.
Mould seat drive mechanism: upper/lower clamping mechanism operated by servo-driven rod for precise positioning and high productivity.
Automatic lubrication system: automatic oil feed for slide parts, eliminating any part failure resulting from insufficient lubrication.
High-level PLC control system: offering a quick algorithm for synchronized multi-axis servo-control; directly increases productivity and efficiency.
HMI system: latest model Siemens control system offers user-friendly operation interface and powerful functionality.
2. Automatic Vacuum Forming Machines
Vacuum forming begins down the line with an extruded plastic sheet which gets an additional process and since an extra cost to reach this stage. In addition, there is a range of material which is cut away from the formed part which except reground and recycled has to be considered as waste and accounted for in any costings made. However, these problems have been perpetually fixed by severe control of sheet quality and by clever mould design to reduce the amount of excess material.
• Pneumatic twin cylinder table lift and plastic clamping
• Quartz heating including standby energy saving & power trim facility
• Auto sheet leveling
• Timed events heater, pre-stretch, vacuum, cooling
• Semi-automatic single sheet procedure with 40 memory capacity
• Full manual control with touch screen & PLC
• User-friendly service mode allows real-time parameter change
• Heating Pyrometer
3. Skin Packing and Blister Forming Machines
Skin packaging is the perfect solution for the production of cost-effective packs. No follow-up investments in tools or conversion times are needed. Count control of the skin can be performed without opening the pack.
The packaging is printed on a card on both sides. Top and bottom side of the card can be furnished with single or multi-colour printing. Transparency of the skin body in combination with a highly transparent sealing layer enhances the print of the card.
• Adopt splitting mechanism by motor, which the working position can be rotated alternating work
• 3-5 positions available, which also can be paired with a robot instead of labour feeding or removing material
• Equipped with oil pressure supercharging device make the output larger, also finishing the whole process with welding and cutting scraps one-time
• Unique forming table design to ensure forming with dies of greater depth
• Heat zone can be controlled
• Available in a wide range of sizes & Easy to operate
• A heavy gauge welded sheet & structure can be constructed.
4. Shrink Wrapping Machines
Shrink wrapping machines pack large industrial products using PE film. These packages can be sleeve wrapped or totally closed by overwrapping the film on the sides and melting it while passing into the shrink tunnel. The hot air inside the shrink tunnel can be fully set up according to the product to obtain a perfect shrink result. With these large products can be packed quickly and easily. It provides a strong sealing and guarantees with very good protection to the product until the end user.
• Designed for food and pharmaceutical industry using PE
• Stainless steel structure
• Cost efficient – low energy and material consumption
• Easy film loading operation
• Power-driven film feed
• Automatic operation
• In-built cooling zone
• Insulated cool-side shrink tunnel
• Energy saving curtains
• Adjustable air flow and direction in the shrink tunnel
• Adjustable welding and shrink tunnel temperature
• Touch screen operated
• Quick and easy size changeover
Thermoforming has now found diverse applications. The R & D division has developed a very unique design for this type of machines and each of these has features that make these machines at par with the best available in the market. Customer’s specific requirements are borne in mind during the design and fabrication of the Special purpose forming machines.
There are different techniques that are in use for the forming operation these being the Pre-blow, plug assist or a combination of these techniques. Also has an ability to form sheets up to a maximum thickness of 8 mm.
A host of controls with operator-friendly operations, safety and efficient running of the machine are provided.
As the name suggests this machine can form large sized items and applications limited by one’s own imagination. Items like interiors for luxury buses and aircraft, liners for refrigerators, AC, suitcases, bath cabinets, tubs and other sanitary ware.
• Substantial material saving.
• Mass production at lower material cost.
• Divided overheads – Thus, High Return On Investment.
• Changes Mould in minimum time provided a simple operation of push button on easy changing at your finger tips!
• Manual interface is negligible, thus, reduces Mould change time.
• Speedy performance, significant output in lesser time.
• Automatic setting of Temperature with memory.